Extend your USB 1.0/1.1 connection to distances up to 150 feet using this USB Extender over Cat5/Cat6 from Monoprice™!
- This simple USB adapter converts USB signals into a form that can be transmitted over Ethernet cable, then reassembled into a standard USB signal at the other end. This allows you to extend your USB connection to distances up to 150 feet, almost 10 times the length limit of standard USB cabling.
- The adapter draws all power necessary from the USB bus, so no external power source is required. It is compatible with any USB compatible device, including any USB‑equipped computer, game consoles, USB cameras, printers, keyboards, mice, etc.
- Note that this adapter supports USB 1.0/1.1 speeds only. It is not compatible with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 speeds. For best results, use shielded Cat6 cabling.
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows® 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP (32‑bit and 65‑bit), Vista® (32‑bit and 64‑bit), 7 (32‑bit and 64‑bit)
- macOS® 9, macOS® 10.0‑10.6